Friday, January 2, 2015

The belated vow

I have been putting this post off for a couple of days now. The inevitable new year post.
I detest this post. Primarily because, I had a remarkably bad new year day.
But anyway, I am here and that most certainly is not to whine.
I guess that would be me resolution except for the fact that I resolved a couple of years ago that I wouldn't take up any New year resolutions. (Let's admit it, New year resolutions never last, so what is the point? Besides it's like my friend pointed out, all this just a cover up for people to get out of bed and actually just do something.)
But I am not one to bash resolutions. In fact, I congratulate anyone who has the courage to take these up. I am merely a coward with no stomach for more broken vows.
But as I said, no more whining.
I loved this year.
It was gorgeous like a thunderstorm. So beautiful that sometimes I was afraid of destroying something as delicate as a butterfly wing. As usual, I was just waiting for it to crumble down. Collapse. But nothing happened.
And believe me I am grateful. More grateful than you can possibly expect from a the world's greatest pessimist.
Because this year, I got more than what I ever thought I wanted.
Because suddenly everything is dazzling and dizzying. Because suddenly all those shooting stars that I wished upon became mine.
Because this year made me see things I had never seen before.
Because the only feeling that overwhelmed me as the year ended was gratefulness.
And that is my only vow, the only promise I make to my self.
To be grateful to be alive to see one more beautiful day.
AN EPIC NEW YEAR TO ALL OF YOU!!

3 comments:

  1. I hope 2015 turns out as amazing as 2014 or even better. Is it socially acceptable to wish someone a happy new year 2 days after the beginning of the new year? Oh well. Happy new year. I'm ecstatic I found your blog and as a new follower I can't wait to see your posts this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! You don't need to make resolutions to be happy or successful. You've got this. Forget the negativity and go for what you want this year. Great post!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave me a comment! I would love them!