Monday, January 26, 2015

Drown

'Are you, are you coming to the tree
Where the dead man called out for his love to flee.
Strange things did happen here.
No stranger would it be
If we met up at midnight in the hanging tree.'

Would you meet me there? Would you come to me when I am too far gone to save? Would you save me even when you know you will drown? That neither of us will make it?
Will you hang onto an imaginary plank of hope as you reach out to me? Would you look into my eyes when we finally lose our battles? When we find solace only in one another?
Would you hold my hand as we sink into the depths of our infernos? Would you wear a necklace of rope side by side with me?
Or would you run? Would you leave me to the dogs, the monsters? Will you finally realise that loving me was never going to be enough for you?

(Yes, this is inspired by the Hunger Games. And a lot of bad moods. Cheers.)

1 comment:

  1. Deep. Real deep. I love the Hunger Games and I think your writing fit perfectly with the hanging tree song. Have you heard this version of it - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKrCE1aYz7o

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave me a comment! I would love them!