Sunday, October 12, 2014

Sleepless

Okay here goes absolutely nothing. 
My life is unimaginably busy. I have been living on very,very little sleep lately. Sleep has almost become an alien concept to me now. I have been running up and down like a bunny on permanent sugar rush. I have been driving my sane best friend (crazy best friend is not a best friend {or a friend} anymore but I will continue to refer to sane best friend as sane best friend) crazy. 
In school we had this street play competition. The various houses were pitted against each other and we all had to write, direct and perform a street play on the various problems that we face in Kerala. My house picked Waste Management and handed me the responsibility of writing the script. At first my reaction was"Yipppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!" but it was only later I realised that an actual functional script featuring almost 30 high schoolers can be pretty hard. 
First functional practise- Most people didn't even understand what was going on. It mainly involved me shouting out instructions that were quite conveniently ignored by everyone.
Panic ensues. 
Major script rewrite. (Work on it from 2 to 7 in the night with friends. Stay up all night to complete it) 
Second functional practise- Scarily resembles the first one. I am on the verge of an emotional breakdown after yelling at two pessimistic idiots.
Gigantic script rewrite. (Abandon the idea of sleep)
Third functional practise- We make a human pyramid. Huzzah.
Fourth practise- I nearly murder everyone.
Final script rewrite. The script finally starts to resemble a script. I do my victory dance and cry a few tears of joy.
Day of performance- Everything goes horribly during practise. Our teachers beg, appeal and threaten us. Everybody runs around helter-skelter. Suddenly we realise that we don't have any placards or posters. I hunt down everyone who has more functional artistic skill than mine (=stick figures and purple faces). Our music has the same co-ordination as two clocks on opposite sides of the world. 

Actual performance- Nobody trips. Nobody forgets there lines. I mean I forgot everything but I improvised and nobody even noticed. I didn't puke. One of our headgears exploded right before we placed it on somebody's head. We had to pick its carcass later. Our music doesn't suck. And people actually do laugh at our jokes. I AM ON TOP OF THE WORLD. I tell everyone that it doesn't matter even if we didn't win because we had so much fun doing it.
But we actually did win.


(Screams ultrasonically) 
(Hugs everyone)
(Does a victory dance)
(Cries a few tears of joy)
(Hyperventilates a couple times)

We were ecstatic. I danced on my way back home.

Other reasons for me being catatonically busy include:
  • Piano exams- I just finished my pieces today. I still sound pretty horrid but my sir tells me that I will pass. Fair enough.
  • Short story writing competition-I have writer's block. Nothing I write sounds good. I re-wrote my story thrice.
  • Brother's birthday- He is four. I can't believe it. Time is literally slipping away from my hands.
  • Quizzes- I actually don't suck at it. I still can't believe it.
Above given are the reasons why I don't write much. But I will make it up. I swear. I am planning to do a blog-o-marathon but that depends on whether or not my brain stops getting so distracted 24/7.
Anyway, until then........
(falls asleep on the keyboard and wakes up in a pool of drool and QWERTY etched on my face)
Goodnight. I need sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave me a comment! I would love them!