Sunday, August 3, 2014

Not really a post

Don't ask me where I was. I was in a world of my own. Flying, breathing, falling. I am happy. Very much so. But just sometimes, it feels like I have this little hole in my heart.  And right now I am suddenly freaking out because I need to finish this post in five minutes and go shopping for cloth with my western vocals groups. Yeah. I can sing without sounding like a jackass sometimes. I am shocked. So I am going to the cultural fest with seven other (much better) singers to represent our school and try and win a prize. Ha. Not looking forward to that part.
I also have been selected for essay writing. So I guess all the ranting on the blog had some purpose. 
Unless you are an idiot or have never come here before you should have noticed some MAJOR changes on my blog. I was actually sick of looking at my own blog. So here it is: 
CASCADES OF DREAMS VERSION 5.0.
Yeah. I know. I sound unlike myself. I am distracted. 
I have been reading lots of poetry. My favorites are Prufrock and Daughters.

Prufrock
We have lingered in the chambers of the sea
By sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown        
Till human voices wake us, and we drown.

Daughters
Let us build bonfires of those unanswered prayers.
Let us learn how to leave with clean and empty hearts
Let us escape these attics still mad, still drunk, still raving
Let us vacate these badly lit odd little towns
Let us want none of what anchored our mothers
Let us never evolve to be good or beautiful
Let us spit and snarl and rattle the hatches
Let us never be conquered 
Let us no longer keep keys in our knuckles
Let us run into the streets hungry, fervent, ablaze.

So I am going to be around here dreaming, flying singing, dancing. I will try and post a bit of the song we are singing. Then you can judge whether or not i sing like a jackass. So until then I will be with the sea girls till the human voices drown me.

1 comment:

  1. I was going to say; I love the new design. The little moving figure is awesome - it's going to make me happy whenever I see it, I know.
    Don't be so modest. I'm sure your singing is as great as your writing ;)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave me a comment! I would love them!