Friday, February 7, 2014

Humongous post (or rather large text)

Yeah. I know that I have been procrastinating for about three weeks.  And I know that I owe you a huge apology. But I have half a reason for disappearing for such a long time.  Well, I have moved.  To a house that does not have any Internet. So now I can only write when my dad comes in the weekend. But I will make it up to you guys by writing a humongous post. And I have a lot to say.
So on the 26th January we had our Republic day.  Our school usually has huge programmes to commemorate the event. I participated in the March past and mass yoga. The four houses in the school march for winning the March past cup. And sadly and expectedly lost every single cup. I think I am a bad luck charm for my house because we won every single thing last year and this the first time I am participating in March past.  I will explain how the practices went by.

  • Practice number 1- I fried my feet in the sun because I didn't have the foresight of not wearing my tiny and completely capable of frying my feet black shoes. Our sports coach yelled every single instruction at us even if he was standing about 4 meters away. The only thing to be happy about: I was able to stand next to a shorter but more senior friend of mine was right ahead of me which enabled me to irritate her through every single second of the practice. 
  • Practice number 2: The wind attempts to blow us all away and make us look like Sahara desert explorers. The sun is brutal.  The boy standing next to marches straight into a tree and I trip over an almost non existent pebble.
  • Practice number 3: I would rather not talk about it. 
  • Practice number 4 and 5: Ditto. 
  • Practice number 6: The run-straight-into-the-tree guy gets kicked out. So do about 4 other people. Which facilitates the movement of me and my not-so-tall senior friend forward. She becomes petrified due to the fact that she was standing next to two human giraffes. I don't do as badly though I have mildly irritating partner who continually reminds me that either a) my shoelaces are untied or b) my shoes are unpolished.  
  • The run through on sports day : It goes of pretty uneventfully except for the fact that our timing is about as equal as two clocks on opposite time zones.
  • The Republic day: There are two words on the planet which describe the quality of our marching on that day- It sucked. We couldn't hear the 'eyes straight' command because the music was so damn high. We walked with our eyes turned to the right til we reached to the place where we had to turn, about 29 meters late. 
And that's how the sad saga of our March past ends. But that is only  half the portion of my sad horrible luck. Because a scary tale known as yoga exists. I  am going to recall the gruesome details of yoga. Pray that I don't faint.

  • My problem with yoga 1: My principal thinks that it is perfectly fine to ask kids to perform in the sun for hours on an end.
  • My problem with yoga 2: Wind
  • My problem with yoga 3: Wind
  • My problem with yoga 4: Wind.
  • My problem with yoga 5: The wind is still the problem. It blows our dresses so up that we have to pin up shawls to our waists. It liberally bestows dust into our eyes. t blows our yoga mats kilometers away from the place we must be standing. It cracks our skin and filthy-fies us. But the truth yoga went of pretty well even though our kurthas flew out so high that we had to abandon our asanas to protect our modesty.  That part was horrible.   
So that's predominantly what has been going on in my life. Except for the fact that life as we (me and my classmates) know it just ended. In a couple of days we have to select the subjects that are going to show the direction in which our lives will go. The paths that I am choosing are quite irregular however. I think I am going to be the first person who is going to take Commercial Applications with Computer Applications.  And then going to take Humanities. Well , whatever. The straight path never appealed to me. And so I shall take my crooked ways. Farewell all and may the force be with you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave me a comment! I would love them!