Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Getting ready

Hey everybody!! (Cheery, optimistic mode ON) I am in a really good mood after..... well let's just say its been a loooooooong time. And I  have a longish post incoming.
So another school even t is on. I bet you all remember the old one. Or do you? Ah here is the link. Click it. I order you. Click!!! SO yeah. This is our annual day. Or talent show. Or some crap like that. Only catch is.. the teachers decide what we do. I mean We can't pick the event we do. I mean we can pick whether we want to recite or dance but be warned. The teacher's will kick you out if they feel you are not good. And the selection criteria is kinda random. Or a little more bluntly put, crazy.Anyways this year like last year I went for recitation. In the (hopefully) forgotten two years ago's past I was 'Alice' in Wonderland. And the rabbit was my arch-nemesis. Needless to say, we weren't great on the stage together. Let's just say that it was not one of the greatest thing I have ever done.
So, yeah my recitation. We are reciting poem Keramos. And on the stage there will be a depiction of a potter molding things and a child becoming a man (and dancing to the tunes of You are sixteen, Going on Seventeen) ( It's absolutely hilarious. I almost fell off the stage laughing the first time I saw it. My Arch-nemesis who hates girls is dancing with a partner. During a twirling move he touches his partner as though she is some kind of bacteria. Hilarious. He will probably murder me) So. Then we are by technicality supposed to rehearse all day. In reality we practice for about an hour. And that too with quite a lot of breaks. But the practice we do is quite a lot of fun. So today we assembled on the stage and stood up on benches. Let me explain. We, the reciters are of varying heights. So in order for everybody to be 'visible' the teachers ordered 5 of us to stand on a small bench and 5 to stand on a bigger bench. The rest stands on the ground. And since I am the good-willed soul I went and fetched heavy benches from the first grade class room. And when we all stood on the bench... it decided to wobble furiously. Half of us almost toppled over. But I stayed put. Then the very boring parts. The teachers decided we were really good and kept on rehearsing the drama part of it. But obviously for the drama we had to recite. In the end we all sat down. A friend sitting beside me started reading as though there was no tomorrow at all. Me and a couple of people in back started talking about how we missed the old cartoons. The old Disney, Cartoon Network. I even got emotional. Then came the part when we started laughing so hard about our naivety when we were small. The resolutions like "I want to become a fairy". The beliefs that if we tried hard enough a Pokemon would come out a toy and that a letter from Hogwarts would appear. And a little joke about somebody believing coconuts could be sent via the email. (I am definitely getting murdered tomorrow. By several people.) I had tears running down my cheek by the time the final bell rang. So I am just saying.... no matter how bad it gets, one day it will start getting better. Way better. And hopefully it has for me. Adios. (Spanish)

8 comments:

  1. What do you mean 'naive'? My Hogwarts letter is coming. Even if I have to go to Hogwarts 'college'. IT IS COMING.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know crazy. Nuts. And Hogwarts college... good luck with that.

      Delete
    2. I know what naive means... how dare you insult my dreams ;)

      Delete
  2. She is Bacteria and i cannot kill you because of laws

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a matter of fact , it was hilarious but better than reciting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's just say.... I am going to make fun of you for eternity.

      Delete
  4. What About A lice In Wonderland........................Rodrigo Borgia?

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave me a comment! I would love them!